Brown dots appeared on feet 1 yr ago. Underlying cause and treatment?

Brown dots emersed on brothers feet 1 yr ago. Can u tell me the reason & how to get rid from these dots??
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nevus spilus

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced Dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

I have seen the image you attached and it appears to be Nevus spilus. Such Nevus occur due to benign proliferation of melanocytes, the skin cells that make the brown pigment melanin.

Some Nevus can progress to become cancers, It is good to get a biopsy to rule out the chances of the same.

Medical treatment is ineffective, Laser treatment can be of some help.