Broke humerus bone. On soft immobilizer. Suggested Doppler ultrasound. Having swelling. Suggest

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I broke my humerus bone on April 28th, 2013. Was in a soft immobilizer for approximately six weeks, then a sling. Ever since taking off the immobilizer and sling my arm and hand swell especially at night while sleeping. Orthopedic doctor ordered a Doppler ultrasound to rule out blood clots and it came back negative. I am now awaiting a compression sleeve to hopefully solve the problem. I go to therapy two times a week and it is difficult to do due to the swelling. What is your opinion on this?
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 56 minutes later

Welcome at XXXXXXX

I have read your question with diligence.

Will you please answer some questions so that I can help you more-

-Do you also have pain at your forearm & hand where swelling is present?

-Is there any change in sensations or feeling of cold & excessive warm feeling at affected part?

-Is there redness in forearm & hand?

Please reply.