Bright orange dot on the bottom of the foot, hurts on pressure, had Muscular Dystrophy. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I'm a female, 21 years old, about 4'11. The only medical history I have is Muscular Dystrophy (FSH) but I'm sure that has nothing to do with my issue. Recently the other day I was putting my socks on and noticed a bright orange dot on the bottom of my foot. Also, I may be paranoid because now I know it is there but it seems to feel tingly and my foot seems to feel like it's falling asleep more. Semi hurts when I put pressure on it too. What is this and how can I get rid of it?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later

Sudden appearance of a bright orange dot on the bottom of the foot is usually a collection of capillaries- may a small vascular malformation like capillary hemangioma.Such small vascular malformations usually need no treatment and to confirm the diagnosis you can see by pressing them if they blanch completely and the color goes off.

This is not associated with any tingling or numbness or any altered sensations in the area.

Small vascular malformations are benign and not concerning. You need to self monitor these for any spread or appearance of multiple such lesions in which case you will have to consult your dermatologist for proper investigations and treatment.

Hence do not worry.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Follow-up: Bright orange dot on the bottom of the foot, hurts on pressure, had Muscular Dystrophy. What to do? 11 hours later
Someone said it could be a type of fungus or athlete's foot. Could that be true? When I push down on the dot, the dot doesn't go away completely.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

From the description provided, it is not likely to be Athlete's Foot or Fungal infection.

It is most likely a Vascular malformation. Partial drainage of blood from the area on pressing XXXXXXX is also common in vascular malformations.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Wish you good health.