Breathing problem and pain on tip of eyebrows on forehead. Had sinus. Any therapy?

From the last 2 days, I am experiencing a little difficulty in breathing and have pain on the tip of my eyebrows on my forehead. I have had sinus before and one of my colleague is expriencing severe cold, which I think might have impacted me. I have slight headache, feeling drowsy and a little cold. I think my sinus will worsen if the situation remains. Can you prescribe any medicine / therapy?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 27 minutes later

It seems that you are developing symptoms of cold. Cold is usually a viral infection and will resolve in a few days.

Supportive management is the mainstay for acute sinusitis and cold symptoms. It can include simple saline nasal spray, decongestants, expectorants, NSAIDS, etc. Antibiotics are not required for acute sinusitis but may be needed for chronic sinusitis.

You may try a pain-killer like brufen for headache.
You can also try tablet cetrizine or otrivin nasal spray to clear the blocked sinuses.
For difficulty in breathing I will suggest that you visit a physician for further examination and a prescription of medicine.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee