Breathing pattern, aware of breathing, movement in chest, stomach. Cause of concern?

I have been worrying about my breathing for the past couple of weeks now. I am aware of my breathing and it has really been bothering me. I have been reading articles online about normal healthy breathing being noiseless and invisible wear you don't feel any movement in the chest or stomach. So my question is is this true, for normal breathing should you not feel any movement in your stomach or chest and should you not feel anything when breathing. And just to clarify I think my breathing is fine I don't feel or hear anything when I breath and I don't have any trouble breathing I am just worried if I should feel anything when I breath.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

Thanks for the query

When it comes to breathing unlike heartbeat, you will sense the movement of your chest and also stomach, however it will not cause any pain or discomfort.

Since you have pointed out to us that you have no trouble breathing I guess you are alright.

If you are feeling breathless and you are breathing more than 22/min kindly XXXXXXX a physician for a work up. Which includes a complete blood picture to look for anemia and a chest x XXXXXXX to look into your lungs.

I hope I have answered your query.If there are no follow up queries kindly accept my answer

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Breathing pattern, aware of breathing, movement in chest, stomach. Cause of concern? 1 hour later
Just one more question, how much movement should you feel. Should you feel just a little movement or a lot. Because I feel little to no movement. So should I be worried or not.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later

Thanks for reverting.

As breathing is an involuntary process, we are normally not even aware about it. So don't worry about the amount of movement you should be ordinarily feeling. It is normal to feel shallow breathing or XXXXXXX breathing will be felt when you exercise, are scared or tensed.

I wish you good health.

I hope I have answered to your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further follow up queries.