Breast cancer survivor. Had double mastectomy done. Noticed lump in groin area. Concerned

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I'm a breast cancer survivor. I was a stage 1 and had a double chemo or radiation..just tamoxifen for 3 years. Inwas 33 at the time, now 36 years old. I recently found a couple lumps in my groin this something I should be concerned about?
I also just came down with a fever and chills and cold symptoms...I've taken cherry nyquil the last couple nights and it appears that I have blood in my stool. Could this just be the nyquil?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 53 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Most common lumps in groin are are swollen lymph nodes, but you should not be afraid that this is a sign of cancer relapse because it is very uncommon for breast cancer to be found in groin lymph nodes after 3 years.especially if it was stage 1. Swollen nodes are sign of any kind of infection, respiratory, genital .also it can be some subcutaneous lesion such as lipoma,fibroma or atheroma.whatever it is,it shouldnt concern you if not painful or inflammated.
I dont think that bloody stool is caused by nyquil. this can be sign of hemmorhoids,anal fisures,polyps or angiodysplasia. sometimes hard stool can cause small bleeding as well. if you notice this again after you stop with nyquil i suggest you to consult proctologist. You should also do red cells count just to see is there any abnormality related to this bleeding.
if you have any question,i ll be glad to help.