Brain report shows increase in choline peak, mitotic lesion. Is it brain tumor or lung TB?

Neurologist
Question
HI,MYDAD,S MRS (BRAIN) REPORT READS "OBTAINED MULTIVOXEL PROTON SPECTOSCOPY REVEALS INCREASE IN CHOLINE PEAK WITH ELEVATED CHOL TO CR RATIO WITH DICREASE IN NAA SUGGESTIVE OF MITOTIC LESION"PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DOES IT MEANS,EARLIER HE HAD LUNG TB
is it brain tumor or it can be TB.....
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 5 hours later

Regarding the findings provided on the imaging, it means that the lesion seen in the brain has got high cell turnover than the normal.

To a common person it means that, increased cells multiplication is seen in the brain. Usually this happens if there is cancerous growth. Or sometimes in a lesion with lot of cells multiplying such as in abscess. The findings of MR spectroscopy has to be considered with the MRI findings of the lesion which is not provided to me.

So to make it simple he has a lesion which is growing rapidly in the brain. I am sorry you dad is dealing with this frustrating concern and I hope he can find himself in better health soon with the help of your Neurologist.

I thank you again for the query and hope you find this reply to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Take care. Bye.