Boil near anus, trouble sitting, feverish, no bleeding. Which medicine will help?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi doctor ,I have developed a boil near my anal area ...Having trouble in Sitting as it pains also feeling feverish.However there is no bleeding from anal .Which medicine would help?

Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
A boil in the perianal region signifies perianal sepsis. This has to be treated meticulously. I would suggest the following treatment.
1. Antibiotic course for 7 days
a. tab cifran 500mgms twice daily after meals
b. tab flagyl 400mgms three times a day after meals.
2. Pain killers ( 5 days)
a. tab enzoflam 1 tab three times a day after meals.
b. tab chymoral forte 1 tab three times a day before meals.
3. Antacids
a. tab rantac 150mgms twice a day before meals.

LOCAL tretament
Sietz bath ( fomentation of the area in warm water mixed with magnesium sulphate powder 1 XXXXXXX ) twice a day.

With the above treatment if the boil does not settle or if it ruptures then you will have to seek surgical opinion and treatment.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards