Boil between scrotum and anus, swelling, bloody pus. Leakage after urinating. Wore small suspenders

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I wore suspenders which were too small and caused chaffing. I noticed it was similar to a boil between my scrotum and anus. Sitting irritates it and it will swell and then discharge a kind of bloody puss, and then go away for several weeks, however it comes back, because I sit a great deal at the computer. I also have noticed that right after urinating I will have small leakage after finishing.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
The recurrent discharging boil that you have between your scrotum and anus is likely to be a pilonidal sinus which becomes infected from time to time.
A direct examination by a surgeon is needed for proper diagnosis and further management. Only oral antibiotics and skin care in the area are not likely to solve your problem.
The small leakage of urine after finishing is a normal physiological phenomenon and is not indicative of any pathology. Please do not worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.