Body pain, nausea, headache, pressure in head and puffy eye. Related to gastritis?

Hi, I have had Gastritis for 7 months and have random days off feeling really ill with things like severe sinusitis, occasional body aches, nausea, headaches, severe head/face pressure . My eyes felt very tired and sore and I had really bad pressure running from eyes to back of head. I went to an Ophthalmologist 2 days ago and he said I have allergic conjunctivitis and I'm on drops. This morning I woke up with quite puffy eyes and face. I'm now sure I have allergies. I am 32 and never had anything like this until this Gastritis began. Do my symptoms sound like allergies and could it be the gastritis that has caused it?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for posting the query
I have read your query with diligence. Allergy is not caused by the Gastritis but some allergens like spicy food can cause Gastritis. So I do not think that your symptoms are related to your gastritis. But your other disease Hypothyroidism can cause nausea, headaches, facial swelling etc. You must re-check your Thyroid function test and adjust your drug doses by consulting your doctor.

Other reason of these types of symptoms is surely allergy to some substance. To get rid from this protects you from allergens like cold climate, dust, pollen etc.
1. Reduction of outdoor exposure during the season in which a particular type of pollen is present. Because of their widespread presence in the outdoor air, pollen can be difficult to avoid.
2. Covering the mattress and pillows with impermeable covers helps reduce exposure to dust mites. Bed linens should be washed every 2 weeks in hot water to kill any mites present.
3. When this is not possible, a mask or respirator might be needed to avoid exposure to allergens.
4. Exposure to smoke, strong perfumes and scents, fumes, rapid changes in temperature, and outdoor pollution can be nonspecific triggers in patients with allergic rhinitis. Consider avoidance of these situations or triggers if they seem to aggravate symptoms.
5. Do regular steam inhalation 2-3 times a day and try to expel out phlegm as much as you can. This will help you in recovering from your sinus congestion or infection.
6. Wash your eye with fresh water 3-5 times a day. Protection from sunlight is must if it causes your any discomfort.

Feel free to consult your treating doctor if the condition worse and you feel any discomfort.

Hope this will help you. Write back for any follow up query.

Best Wishes
Dr. Kulbir Singh