Body pain, flu, headaches, urine incontinence, vomiting. History of ovarian cysts, kidney infections, cervical cancer. Causes?

It is now Saturday & I have been sick since Tuesday. It started with Really severe body aches and pains, Pain Level 9, I have had kidney issues before so I thought that might be it. Then the flu, though I didn't know it lasted this long. High Fever persisted and is still slight today. I could only keep ice chips down wed/thurs/fri.. With a continuous headache / and Migraine pain when coughing or vomiting. I have now kept down jello, applesauce, gatorade, and saltines today, but am still feeling extremely nautious and my mouth is abnormally dry. My ears have also been in extreme pain, especially after I get sick or first wake up. I was in a really bad car accident in March and am wondering if the weakened spine and tmj is what is prohibiting me from healing in a more timely manner. I've taken epsom salt baths, used heat packs and ice packs, peroxide in my ears and everything else I can think of! We had to cancel our NYE party, but I don't care, I just want to feel better!!!!!! I haven't smoked since tuesday (after 17 Years) I've also had incontinence this week for the first time ever and started my cycle again even though it just finished a week ago! Please at least tell me what you think is wrong so I can try to address it.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 17 hours later

As I understand it, you have fever with severe bodyache, headache, cough and vomiting for the past 6 days.

You have a past history of kidney infection, ovarian cysts, cervical cancer and a history of accident.

I think the most probable diagnosis is an attack of Flu which can last this long.

Please take over the counter Paracetamol with acidity pills and if the fever is high, do see your doctor to get a work up for urinary infection and diabetes. You may need antibiotics if symptoms are not relieving with supportive measures.

Incidentally your cycle may have started again because of the stress due to your sickness.

I hope, I have answered your query. Do get back if you have follow up queries and wishing you a healthy new year!