Body detox tea, smell in urine, stools, body smell like burnt almonds. Treatment ?

i started drinking some tea(wholy tea, the total body detox) with in a few days i noticed a smell in my urine then my whole body including my poo I only drank the tea or a few days. Then I stopped its been about 6 weeks and now my whole body smells something like burnt almonds.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later

The change in body odor as well as the same smell in all the body secretions does not seem to be due to the herbal tea which you consumed almost six weeks ago.

The smell you have mentioned - like that of burnt almonds is seen in cases of cyanide poisoning - which is not there is your case.

The most likely possibility now seems to be parosmia- Altered olfactory sensations due to chronic rhinitis or allergic rhinitis or atrophy of nasal mucosa.

You can get it examined and diagnosed at your ENT surgeon's office.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.