Body ache, cold, plugging of ears. Taken pain killers. Feeling of dizziness when ears plugged. Can the cause be detected?

Infertility Specialist
My body has a dull ache all over, its been like this for 3 days now. Even when I take a pain reliever the feeling never really goes away. I got over a cold last week and had been feeling fine for 4 days, but I had one symptom that didnt go away my ears keep plugging up like im on an airplane and I cant do anything to stop it. I cant hear very well now because it keeps happening. When it does that it makes me pretty dizzy; I feel like I will pass out, what is wrong with me. i have no other medical problems/history/allergies.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 11 minutes later

I understand your concern. I believe your have some minor viral infection.

Viral infection leads to myalgia (dull ache) during recovery phase. There will also be some degree of fever associated.

This leads to mild edema ( collectio of fluid) in some organs. There is edema in your ears. Let me reassure you that it will come down with 3 to 4 days.

I suggest you take some acetamenophen tablets after prescription from your doctor which will help you with bodyache as well as blocked ears. If you are still very much concerned you can see an ENT specialist who will examine your throat and ear for edema / congestion and treat accordingly.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.