Blotting feeling in stomach. Due to digestion? How to shed weight? Suggest diet, yoga?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, I have problem with food digestion. Most of the time, I get bloting kind of feeling in my stomach.
I used to do regular workout but now, due to office work, my work out has become lil irregular. I just checked my body weight and find it horrible! From 62kgs, I have reached 67Kgs. I started gyming again, but find it hard to shed the extra kgs. Being an extremely fitness freat, I have hit panic state of adding this extra 5kgs! Because of this I'm not able to concentrate on work or things that I want to do. I feel my digestion problem is somehow related to my weight problem as well.
Can you please suggest what should I do? I plan to join Yoga. I believe this would help.
I need suggestion on my diet, which is currently very irregular.
I would be very happy to have a face-to face discussion if possible.
Please help.

Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later

You need not panic at all. Things still are well within control.

Your weight is still within control.

I will answer all your questions.

1.     I would suggest the following measures

a.     Get your diet assessed by a qualified medical dietician and let the dietician tailor make a diet plan for you. This will prevent deficiencies.

b.     Don’t indulge in heavy weight training. Just go in for a 30 minute cardio training session on alternate days. Too much of gym activities induces stress metabolism which in fact is detrimental to the weight.

c.     Ensure proper timing of meals. Avoid fast food snacks at any cost. Have plenty of water.

Yoga is very helpful provided you can do it regularly without break.

2.     Regarding your diet, the two keys to success are

A. regularity of timings
B. balanced diet comprising of high protein, moderate carbohydrates and very low in fats. A dietician will provide you with a readymade formula regarding content and frequency of meals.

I hope this answers all your doubts.

With regards