Blood test showed high eosinophil percentage, have pimples and acne on face. Related?

I recently underwent a blood test in apollog and I noted that esonophil is 6% and i undrestand that the normal range is 1 to 6%. I keep getting pimples and acnes on my face even though I am 33 years old. Is this esonophil related to those acnes? Is this a cause of concern. what measures i can reduce it?

Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 45 hours later

1. Is this esonophil related to those acnes?
Ans: Eosinophil will rise due to any allergic reaction whereas, acnes is due to blockade of the sebaceous gland duct. It can be infected with bacteria in some cases. The increased secretion of sebum usually occurs in males due to hormone.

2. Is this a cause of concern? What measures I can reduce it?
Ans: - This is not the cause of concern.
- The measures you can take to reduce are.
a. Keep washing your face 3-4 times a day with soap (oil remover).
b. If it is infected you have to start topical antibiotic like clindamycin.

Hope I answered all your queries.
If no further questions kindly close this query.

Wish you good health.

Dr Vidya