Blood test showed ESR 40, hs-CRP 27 and FSH serum low 0.6. What does these mean?

I went for extensive bloodwork and won't be able to discuss the results with my naturopath for two weeks, so I thought I'd get some of my questions answered here before I XXXXXXX with her. My ESR is high (40), as is my hs-CRP (27). My glucose before and after fasting was normal, as was my insulin before fasting. However, my insulin after eating a sugar and carb-loaded breakfast was crazy high (188). Plus, my FSH serum was low (0.6)

I'm female, 35, work out almost every day and am always getting stronger. I also live in a city where I don't need to drive, so I walk every day. However, I gained 15 pounds a few years ago that I have been unable to lose, in spite of being on a very clean, low-carb, dairy-free and gluten-free diet and having a good exercise program. My diet is actually much better than it was when I maintained my goal weight for a number of years. Any ideas what these results mean?

In my family, my Dad was diagnosed with diabetes last year, but through diet changes, he is diabetes-free now. My sister has PCOS, but I've never had any of her symptoms.
Posted Sun, 9 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 11 hours later
Please consult your primary caregiver for the ESR and CRP

The high insulin is likely a reflection of insulin resistance but it is an extremely complex test to interpret, and so it is mostly restricted to research use.

FSH can be variable and typically suppressed on birth control pills.

It may be worth performing an A1c blood test along with TSH and free T4, to screen for diabetes and hypothyroidism.

To rule out some rare causes of weight gain, you may wish to consider getting tested for acromegaly and Cushing's syndrome. A blood test for IGF1 (Insulin like Growth Factor 1), and a midnight salivary cortisol are useful screening tests for these conditions