Blood test for kidney showed high protien level. Recommendation?

Hi I have been told my blood test for kidneys says my protein is high and my egb? is fairly low, how serious is that. I am 65 and thought I was in good health. I was told my kidneys were not functioning properly
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
The high protein in blood needs to be specified and other test results are also needed for a correct interpretation.
please upload the reports as such in the follow up.
It is advisable the you get full work up for kidneys that is Complete blood counts, renal function test, urine routine and culture test and an ultrasound of kidneys ureter and bladder region.
I wish seeing you in good health and a quick follow up for your query.