Blood sugar was 210 before meal and after meal was 340. Suggest medicines? What should be the diet?

Hello Sir, I recently checked my blood sugar, which was found 210(Before Meal) and 340 (After Meal). Kindly suggest some mediciene and food to avoid and intake ro reduce the blood sugar level.

Thanks & regards
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult a diabetologist

Detailed Answer:

If this is the first time you got your sugars checked, then I would recommend a visit to a diabetologist.

Only sugar levels are not enough to choose medication. Also many other blood tests are required to rule out complications of diabetes like renal damage, eye damage etc.

Also physical examination is necessary to choose a better medication. With the sugar levels you have it would be good to start you on a combination drug.