Blood sugar 200 and 250 and later 274. Took Januvia 100mg to Victoza. Advice?

My blood sugars have gone very high in the last 8 weeks. My HbA1c was 8.6 - 8 weeks ago. My morning sugars then were around the 200 and now are the 250 and this morning was 274. I just checked again 5 minutes ago and it was 265 (take 1.4 Victoza daily). I have level 4 Heart Failure and the problems started when my diabetes controller got me to add Januvia 100mg to Victoza for a rising sugar level, then Glimepiride (after 4 days when sugars were over 360 constantly, and now I have been on straight Victoza for 4 weeks but it won't settle. What would be your advice please?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Insulin is the right answer.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Insulin is the right choice in

Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus with NYHA grade IV Heart failure.

Victoza , if you have been advised because you are an obese diabetic then it is a different matter otherwise for you Insulin and preferably analog insulin is the right answer.

You need a tight blood glucose control, if you can send me your weight, serum creatinine and SGOT/PT , Your meal schedule, may be I can tell the insulin regimen and perhaps even the dose to start off or you can see your endocrinologist and request him /her to put you on insulin.

Hope this helps.