Blood pressure slightly above normal. Requires attention?

my blood pressure is 148 over 90
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

What I understand from the information that you have provided is, you want to know whether your blood pressure is normal or not and anything needs to be worried about.

Normally for any age the acceptable level of blood pressure are 140 systolic and 90 diastolic.

This is in general and in the absence of any other disease like diabetes etc.

Occasional reading above normal in the absence of any other symptoms is acceptable.

There can be various reasons for occasional increase of blood pressure like anxiety, stress, and physical over exertion, some minor illness etc.

Please keep a regular record of your blood pressure once or twice in a week.

High blood pressure on most of the occasions or very high variation needs to be taken care of.

In that case please see your physician. There is no reason to worry at present as you are not having any complaints.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have. In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.