Blood in urine of newborn baby at the end of urination. Normal?

Seeing small amount of blood in urine of my new born baby (7days old). what could be wrong here? is it normal?

The blood comes only at the end while urinating.
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

If it is just a tinge of blood present in the urine, then it is fine. Even if it is a few drops of fresh blood, it is still fine.

Please let me know if the bleeding is gross or if the amount of blood is more in the urine. Also, let me know if it is happening recurrently or if it was just a one-time episode.

In my opinion, I do not think there is anything wrong with the baby. It is just a variant of the normal and can be safely neglected.

Awaiting your response.