Blood filled blister on the hairline after injury. How to stop bleeding?

I have a "blood blister" in the hairline that bleeds out of control if I knock it - I had a timber blind fall on my head and about 2 weeks later I get this thing on my forhead that I pick and it starts to bleed - It almost went away but is now back and bigger - what is this - I did not have any moles or freckles there that I have ever noticed what could it be and how do I get it to stop bleeding - I have a bandage there during the day and give it air during the night.....
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 19 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The problem you have may be Granuloma Pyogenicum.

It usually develops after a sharp trauma.

It presents it self as a red growth which bleeds profusely if something strikes against it.

Treatment is surgical.
the best bet is Radio-cautery of the lesion. If the lesion rescurs then surgical excison can be done. You need to see a dermatologist for this.

In the meantime if bleeding occurs, the best way to stop bleeding is to apply cold pressure on the area (like pressing with an ice pack). Avoid trauma over the lesion.

I hope I have answered your query.If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to ask me