Blood blister broke. On blood thinner. Cannot stop bleeding. Tried pressure and ice. Concerned?

Blood blister broke, on blood thinner and cannot get bleeding to stop, tried pressure, cold, (ice) getting concerned. . YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue to apply pressure...

Detailed Answer:

Surface bleeding will eventually stop with pressure and icing. Though this bleeding can be slightly heavy, I am more concerned that you might be receiving a slightly larger amount of blood thinner. We can be confirm this by testing your blood platelet, prothrombin/INR and activated partial thromoboplasting levels.

I suggest you to consider this bleeding blood blister as warning sign and visit the nearest ER. They can test your blood samples and if the test are not in ideal limits, it can be treated accordingly.

Hope this helps.