Blood and urine test showed calcium oxalate crystals in it. Meaning?

Just had a blood and urine test, and was low on platelet count of 134, and urine showed cloudy, trace of occult blood, and many calcium oxalate crystals
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 15 minutes later

I have noted your test results.

I would like to state that in any patient, the investigations results should always be correlated along with the clinical data. Lab results alone may not help draw meaningful conclusion.

Back to you, low platelet count (this result is OK for me) is not that low to cause a problem. However, I advise you to notice any changes in your skin (black discoloration) and follow it up.

Regarding the urine test, these abnormalities can be seen in case of kidney/ureteric stones, prostate gland problem (seen commonly in people of this age group). An abdominal scan will help us rule out these problems.

I advise you to see an UROLOGIST who will clinically evaluate you and if required order an abdominal scan which will clinch the problem.

Your management will depend upon the cause identified

I hope that I have clarified your query.

Please get back to me in case you have any other questions in this issue.

Best wishes