Bloating, stomach discomfort. Done colonoscopy. Light yellow feaces. How can it be solved?

Oncologist, Surgical
I can not have a normal day with out alot of bloating, gas, and stomach discomfort. I have some mucus not alot that I find or see. Years ago I had a colonoscopy because of alot of mucus and blood with all the other symptoms they found two ulcers. I was put on Asacol and did fine after the medication ran out. I have been experiencing the same issues W OUT the blood. I had a colonoscopy 3 yrs ago and they found nothing. I suffer every day and I can not work because of it. In the mornings after coffee I have diareah which is fine to me because I feel better for about ten mins. Then it is back to bloating, gas, discomfort and it continues. My feces is light yellow like a pale XXXXXXX color one time it will be pencil thin , next it is loose and small this can change to a bit of a darker color but it is never consistant except after my coffee in the mornings to know what to expect. I feel that this got worse after my hernia surgery back in 01 but I guess it could be just a coincidence
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I can see that your bowel complaints are giving you a tough time and affecting your daily life.
The history which you have given goes in favour of an inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or crohn's). It is unlikely to be mucus and blood in stools.
Ulcerative colitis (mild type) can only present with diarrhoea and it is not necessary to have blood in the stools. I would recommend that you see your physician and schedule another colonoscopy (as it has been three years since your last one). This colonoscopy will be able to find any new lesions because of ulcerative colitis and the doctor can give you the necessary treatment for it (which can help in reducing the diarrhoea you are suffering from).
Your hernia surgery has no correlation with the symptoms of ulcerative colitis. It is the nature of the illness (ulcerative colitis), which is very unpredictable and has a waxing and waning course.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Hope you get well soon.