Bloated stomach, gurgling, semi solid stools, heaviness. Taken Rabium D earlier

I have bloated stomach with frequent gurgling; stools semi solid. Feeling of heaviness. I have been eating in many hotels of late.
I had taken rabium D few years back.
Posted Wed, 12 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 58 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

I can see that your fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels are slightly elevated.
Regular exercise will help in bringing down the sugar levels. Also exercise will reduce the sensation of bloated feeling and frequent gurgling.

Please try to follow the below mentioned measures:

1. If you are overweight, do try to reduce your weight.

2. Avoid XXXXXXX fried ,oily food,spicy food, carbonated beverages, alcohol & smoking.

3. You could take pantoprazole 40mg 1 tablet daily half an hour before breakfast for 2 weeks.

4. Do yoga/relaxation exercise to reduce stress. Stress also contributes to acidity/indigestion.

5. Regular exercise 30-45 minutes daily for 5 days a week.

6. Have smaller frequent meals rather than 3 large meals.

7. Have warm water at regular intervals.

8. Try to avoid hotel food . They use the same reheated oil again and again. Not healthy.

9. You can also have a tablet of Gelusil MPS when you have this bloated sensation in the stomach.

Even after 2 weeks if you don't feel better , I would advise you to visit a gastroenterologist . In view of your age, persistent indigestion needs to be evaluated.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan