Bloated, pain in rib cage, lower back and sides. Signs of?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I'm bloated i have dull pain behind my ribcages pain in my lower back pain in my stomack tender ribcage and pain on my sides
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is not complete

It would help us come to a diagnosis if you can provide the following details :

When was the surgery done ?

Are you constipated after surgery?

Are you able to pass flatus properly after surgery?

Is there nausea and vomiting ?

Was there any other finding during the surgery?

IS the pain more localized in the chest wall or in the abdominal wall? You are pointing to chest wall but also mentioning pain in stomach?

Get back to me with a precise history and associated symptoms, along with your diet history and history of smoking or alcohol to help you out

Get Well soon

Follow-up: Bloated, pain in rib cage, lower back and sides. Signs of? 1 hour later
My colon surgery went well no complications or other findings.No problem with flatus,There's no naussea or vomiting It is a mild pain and discomfort in my abdomen and it moves arround sometimes mostly under my left ribcage and also my left lower back and side right now it is in the middle of my stomach, Yes I was a smoker and once in a while on saturday i smoke 3 or 4 sigarettes not alcohol on ocasion mainly wine spritzer.
What mekes me nervous is that the pain moves arround comes and goes also bloated.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 hours later

Thanks for getting back.
Given your description, you seem to be suffering from gastritis which is related to the smoking and stress. The following measures will help:
a.     Stop smoking and avoid alcohol
b.     You can try taking Tablet Prevacid OTC once a day, half an hour before meals.
c.     Avoid spicy food
d.     De-stress with yoga, meditation or breathing exercises.
I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no more follow up queries. I shall, however, be available for any follow up queries.
Get Well Soon