Blister like growth on chest since long. Removal ?

General Surgeon
I have had a small blister like growth on my chest for about 15 years. It is soft, causes no pain and is just a little darker in colour than my skin. Im not 100% sure if there is fluid in there or not? When it first appeared I tried to remove it myself by piercing it with a hyperdermic needle. It was then smaller but came back. Have you any idea what it is? Can a Doctor remove this for me? Thanks!
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 19 minutes later

most common cause for such a small blister like growth,which is persisting for the last 15 years appear to be benign Sebaceous Cyst.

Pricking with hyperdermic needle is not going to cure it, as it has high chance of recurrence.

It can be surgically removed completely, with almost no chance of recurrence.

So surgical excision & post excision biopsy of tissue is highly advisable.

So opinion of surgeon is desirable.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.