Blemish due to pimples, oily skin. Solution ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hello sir,i m
Suffering from blemish which i got from pimples,before i used to poke my acne,so i got those horrible blemish,my skin is oily&i have some brown spot on my face as well,will u please help me about it??i m 27,thank u
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
After acne, blemishes and hyperpigmentation of the skin are common problems.
It is due to overproduction of melanin by the pigment cells, melanocytes.
To treat these dark patches, apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. Use a mild cleanser. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy XXXXXXX vegetables and take a daily vitamin supplement. You should also apply almond oil or skin creams containing vit C or K, alpha hydroxyl acids and kojic acid on the dark patches.

However if the symptoms are severe then topical bleaching agents, chemical peels and laser therapy may be needed. These are available only under prescription and hence a dermatologist should be consulted for these treatment options.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.