Bleeding started after taking cytolog tablets. Scan showed fetus in uterus. What should be done?

HI, My wife has exceeded 15 days from her normal period time. when we checked in the pregnancy tester it gave positive answer. She took 2 Cytolog tablets on this Sunday night & she got bleeding on Monday morning. Today she went to doctors for a checkup. After the scan report doctor said still the fetus is still inside and suggested her to take the cytolog vaginally. doctors said if the fetus didnt come out after this also, she may have to go for DMC. Pls suggest me, what can we do now. We dont want the DMC. pls kindly suggest us.This is very urgent.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Welcome and thanks for asking

As your wife has taken an incomplete course of the pills , so she has got an incomplete abortion.Before taking cytolog , mifeprine is given.These pills should not be taken without doctor's advise.Now there is no choice for you except suction evacuation or D&C means dilatation and curettage.I would not suggest pills as she has already taken them and reuse can cause heavy bleeding.There is nothing to worry about as it is only 5-10 minutes procedure and done by suction method.If she is scared of pain ,the doctor will give sedation or can be done under GA or general anesthesia.She can go home the same day.Good course of antibiotics is required.
Doctor will do Hb and ABO Rh typing , if she is Rh negative , she will require an Anti D inj
Best wishes and take care