Bleeding for days after sex. Sign of pregnancy?

my wife was on XXXXXXX and we had sex in the middle on the month. She had bleeding for 3 days for scanty.Is it a sign of pregnancy
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 20 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query XXXXXXX is a combination medicine of Drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol.
 It is a birth control pill used to prevent pregnancy. This medication works by preventing ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary) and by causing changes in the mucus of the cervix (that makes it difficult for sperm to penetrate into the uterus) and in the endometrium (that make it difficult for an egg to implant).
Many women experience spotting or light bleeding  during the first 3 months of taking the pill.
Since you are taking birth control medicine,you can not get pregnant in normal circumstances.
Your bleeding is due to the use of XXXXXXX
I hope to have clarified the matter however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.