Ask a Dentist   »  

Bleached teeth with strips. Developed swollen gums with white patches and sore throat. Treatment?

I have a son, 21, who bleached his teeth with strips and then noticed the following symptoms develop: night sweats; swollen red gums with some white patches; sore throat; and cracked lips that had some fever blister type sores. His doc gave him Avelox, mouth rinse, and antihistamines both oral and syrup for swishing. Symtoms are still bad after three days.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

There are two approaches you can undertake.Either give medications some more time to show effect or start treatment with steroids.

I would suggest to wait for a day or two to see medication show some effect, if they fail to do so then start steroids.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.