Black spot developed on forehead. How to remove this?

A black spot (approx 1 cm in radius) has gradually developed on the right side of my forehead since i was in class 8 (age -14). I don't know the reason for it's appearance as i didn't had any burn/accident or anything that may result in that black spot.
It might be due to the deficiency of some particular element in my diet(this is a wild guess).
Could you please provide your inputs as to what may be the possible reason for it's occurance & if it is still possible to remove that using any medication / healthy diet.

Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 43 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

The black spot can be melanotic nevus,fixed drug eruption,cafe u lait macule etc.

It can be related to dietary factors.
Also I would like to know-
Is it growing in size or static?
Does it cause any symptoms?
Is it flat /raised /depressed?
Can you upload the photos of the affected area.
Photos can help alot in predicting the nature of the condition.

Answer the questions and upload the images(use UPLOAD REPORTS SECTION on right side of the box)We can continue the discussion here.

Anticipating your reply.