Bitten by copperhead. Ankle and foot swollen. Blood test done. Developed rashes on foot. Should I be concerned?

My daughter was bit by a copperhead 8 days ago, was apparently not much if any venom injected. Bit on ankle and her foot and ankle swelled - but not extreme.Took her to emergency room, they did blood test to determine if kidneys and liver were alright - they were. Kept elevated for several days. Now all seems well except yesterday she developed a rash on the top of her foot and inside of ankle. Is this anything to be concerned about?
Posted Fri, 27 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 5 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

The copperhead snake is one of the most common snakes in. A copperhead's bite rarely proves to be a fatal strike. About half of all snake bites show no symptoms because the poison was not injected. Copperhead bites generally are limited to local tissue destruction.

As local tissue damage do occur with it so rashes can appear or the rash might not be related to the bite but it is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations. you are requested to consult your doctor for through examination. I sincerely hope that helps.

I am advising you to see the consulting doctor rather than i predicting the diagnosis without examination, due to the history of snake bite.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer