Bitten by a dog, no bleeding. Taken xprab. What else should be taken for prevention?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
my daughter has been bitten by a dog today at 10 Am in the morning, which is more or less like a stray dog. We washshed the wound with mater, soad, dettol and antiseptic. My daughter is 5 years eight months old and there is only one small sign of teeth of the dog in her feet which is not bleeding although has an opening. We have given her first shot of XPRAB within 4 hours manufactured by Ranbaxy and made in India. What else should I do to protect her?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 12 hours later
You have taken adequate measures including rabies vaccination as soon as feasible and decontamination of wound.Your daughter is most probably safe now and you need not worry. Just make sure of the following measures for complete protection.
1. Ensure she has taken her vaccination against tetanus at completion of five years , if not then she should take one Tetanus toxoid vaccine as soon as possible .
2. Ensure that the bite site is kept clean by usual hygiene. There is no need of any antibiotic application if there was no bleeding and swelling.
3. Ensure that she completes the course of post exposure rabies prophylaxis ( ie XPRab )as advised by her doctor.
4. If she develops any new symptom like pain , redness , swelling, fever etc then report it to your doctor immediately.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.