Bilateral pain in lower back and thigh, stiffness in back and knees, difficulty waking. Help

Neurologist, Surgical
In April 2007 I start experiencing bilateral pains in my lower back,thighs,groin,hips, knees,
Now severe pains.Stiffness fron lower back and i thighs and knees,problem with mobility.
Difficulty waking,getting up of bed,siting down and getting up of sitting position.
Can't sleap,band down.IS GETTING WORSE.
I have been on several medications by my Dr..NOTHING IS HELPING.
Please hhelp
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 52 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through your history in detail. Most of your problems seem to be secondary to rheumatoid arthritis

The following measures would help:
1. Take regular treatment for rheumatoid arthritis viz analgesics , muscle relaxants , pregabalin , chlordiazepoxide & tryptomer etc

2. Get a MRI Scan of the whole spine to see any cord changes secondary to spondylosis etc

3. Drugs like baclofen/ steroids may also be tried under supervision

4. Regular physiotherapy & mobilisation is necessary

I hope all these measures will help

Let me know if you have any more concerns. My best wishes for a speedy recovery

Dr Praveen K Nath XXXXXXX Consultant Neurosurgeon