Been nauseated and breast hurts, cramps in ovary and have delayed periods. HPT negative. Pregnant?

okay so ive been nausiated for about 3 weeks and my boobs have been hurting and ive had a small cramp in my overys and im supposed to get my period in 2 days is there a possibility im pregnant. i took a test 4 days ago it said negitive.
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for posting your query.

From the information you have provided, these symptoms are suggestive of pregnancy but they are very very non specific to say whether you are pregnant or not.

If you had unprotected sex along side these symptoms, then there are chances that you may be pregnant. However, the negative pregnancy test 4days ago somehow cast doubts on the possibility of being pregnant. it is often best to do this pregnancy test after the date of the next expected menses(2days in your case) because it may yield false results before this date. After the date of expected menses, this test is very sensitive to tell whether you are pregnant or not.

My advice is that you patiently wait for your Menses in 2days as you mentioned. If they don't show up, then do a repeat pregnancy test. The results would tell us whether for real you are pregnant or not. If they do show up, then you are not pregnant for sure.

I hope this addresses your query fully. I wish you well and feel free to ask follow up questions for clarifications if need be.
Thanks once more for this opportunity to address your query.
Dr. Ditah, MD