Bad smell from ear, white thing in ear, no fever, uncomfortable, green discharge from nose

General Surgeon
my 1 year doughter has a bad smell from the right ear, and when i try to look XXXXXXX inside i see a white thing blocking the hole!! she has no fever and when i touch her ear she seems uncomfortable..what it could be? she also has a runny nose with greenish discharge from the nose..
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 38 minutes later
Bad smell from right ear of one year old girl child suggest it either be a foreign body super-added with infection or some fungal infection of external ear canal.

It can present without fever ,tender to touch and ( both can be) uncomfortable to the child.

Fungal infection with super-added infection can present as white thing or structure blocking the ear canal.
Her running nose & greenish discharge also suggest infection.

So evaluation from ENT surgeon will be beneficial & is desirable also

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”