Ask a Dentist   »  

Bad breath. Taken therabreath, antifungals, antibiotics, dental clean. Tests normal for sinus and blood. Advise for bad breath?

Problem: terrible BO/Bad breath (and YES others smell it, it's NOT in my head)

Tried: Therabreath, BreathRX, Closys,chlorhexidine gluconate, Parsley oil, Xylitol, activated charcoal, antifungals, antibiotics (topical and systemic), gentian violet, probitics, yogurt, fiber, hydrogen peroxide, dental cleaning, multivitamins, zinc, tea tree oil, natural deodorants, prilosec, tagment, regular antacids, tongue scraping, power flosser

Tests: Sinus CT scan, Full blood work--all normal
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Halitosis or bad breath comes from either your mouth, your sinuses, your lungs or your stomach. There is nowhere else that it can come from.

If you smoke cigarettes, cigars, pipe, use chewing gum or snuff, then discontinue all off these now. You will not resolve this problem as long as you are doing any of this rubbish.

Go to a dentist and have yourself checked out for periodontists, gingivitis,dental caries and so on. Have a scaling and polishing done while you are there.

Have your sinuses X-rayed to rule out chronic sinusitis and your lungs to rule any chronic lung disease..

If after all of this, if your friends (and they are real friends by the way) are still standing back from you, then get a bottle of Aloe Vera mouth wash and rinse out your mouth with this every four hours and you will come up smelling like a rose! Thrust me and stay well.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.