Back was hurt and feeling bad to touch the kidney area. Nauseated and urine is clear. Suggest the treatment?

yes my back hurt real bad even to touch the kidney area on left side and it doesn't hurt to the touch anymore but I can still feel it and today im nauseated my urine is clear and having no problems going
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this back pain.

From the information you have provided, there a couple of things that could explain why you would feel pain on the left kidney area. It could be a pyelonephritis(pains, fever and urinary symptoms, hurts to touch), Kidney stone( acute pain, varying intensity, intermittent, without fever, not relieved by lying still), musculoskeletal pain( hurts on touch, permanent, aggravated by movements, relieved by rest) or some other less common causes. I will suggest that you monitor these symptoms over a few days and if they persist, then I suggest you get consulted.

In order to tell what the cause is, a physical exam and maybe followed by a few tests like blood test, urine tests, Xray of the abdomen etc depending on the findings would be very helpful to make the distinction between these possible causes. Treatment is going to depend on what the diagnosis is.

General measures like drinking much water and applying cold packs may offer some pain relief and help in case of an infection or a kidney stone.
I hope you find this helpful and addresses your query fully. if there is any specific information you would like to have that I didn't address, please feel free to ask follow up questions and I will be glad to address them.
I wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Back was hurt and feeling bad to touch the kidney area. Nauseated and urine is clear. Suggest the treatment? 1 hour later
i will watch and yes no fever I was afraid and that helped, I will see my Dr. Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 35 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up precision. I am humbled to know you were helped by the information I provided.

I am happy you would be following up with your doctor. That's the way to go.

If there are no more related questions to this query, please you may want to close the discussion and write a short review to help us improve on the quality of our services to better serve you next time.

I wish you well and the best of health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.