Baby measurements, abnormal values, dwarfism. Treatment ?

Question
HI

I HAVE ONE QUESTION THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME .
ARE THE MEASURMENT FOR THE BABY 28 WEEK NORMAL OR ABNORMAL. BPD 76mm HC 271mm AC 239mm and FL 48mm
does the baby will be the dwarfism or he will be ok becouse the docter tell me that he has thos measurment abnormal but he don't have down synthom
i am wary about the dwarfing should the docter told me about this
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 46 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query

The measurements provided by you are quite within the normal range in my opinion.I will provide you the normal ranges which should be for a 28 weeks foetus.
Biparietal Diameter: 72 mm and variation of 4 mm lower and upper is normal
Head Circumference: 263mm with 20 mm variation
Abdominal circumference: 242mm with with 25 mm variation
Femur length : 54mm with variation of 4 mm
USG scan can show some variations as it depends on the baby position at the time of scan.Consider getting a repeat scan after few weeks.Right now dwarfism cannot be considered.
Relax yourself and donot be stressed as it might have adverse effects on your health.

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available for follow up if any.