Baby is fed with nan pro from birth. Will this cause any health effect?

Hi Doctor, I would like to know if my 4 month old doctor will have any health effects since she is fed with nan pro from birth as her mother don't have breast milk?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 48 minutes later

I understand your concern.

Exclusive Breast Feeding is the best feeding for baby till 6 months of age.
Breast feeding has definitely more health benefits than formula feeding.
Breast fed infant has less chances of infections than formula fed.

Formula milk is spray dried milk and is nutritionally complete and specially formulated for proper growth and development of newborn.
Since now it is not possible to breast feed, so continue with feeding with formula.
Complementary feeding should be started at 6 months of age which includes introduction of rice water, dal water along with milk slowly and in small quantity,
One thing to be introduced at a time.

Hope, I have answered your query, if you have any other question I would be glad to help.

Wishing you and your family good health.