Baby having red rashes all over body. Is this a viral infection?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2014
Feb 2014
Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Question
hello doctor my son is no 10 months completed last friday he has having red rashes on all his body & I consult with his doctor Dr. M. D.Shah, santacruz. there is nothing new in his diet. dr. told that it was viral infection is it correct?
also on 30th sept he was fell down from bed but that time there is no abnormalities seen by me. I just want to asked you that there is any connection between this & rashes? my email id is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

As your doctor said, red rashes on all over body of your son are most probably due to viral infection.

There is no connection between the fall down of your baby and appearance of rash.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns.

Regards.

Follow-up: Baby having red rashes all over body. Is this a viral infection? 15 hours later
Also doctor told me apply caladryl lotion & flucort lotion on rashes? when I applied it on immediately after coming home from clinic rashes disappear within half an hour . so how long i have to apply it on my baby skin bcoz now rashes not there?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 9 hours later

Thanks for posting your query again.

If there is no rashes now, you do not need to apply lotion as advised by your doctor. These medicines help symptomatically. If there are no rash no need.

If you have no more query , please accept my answer, rate and give review.

Regards.

Follow-up: Baby having red rashes all over body. Is this a viral infection? 37 hours later
Dear Doctor my son suffering from cough & cold frequently between may to august. Now from september he is ok. Doctor advised to give him buttermilk & yogurt. Is it safe ? I am worried that if he again suffer from cough & cold?
Also I want to start fish bcaoz he is now 10months comleted on 10/10/12 so which fish i can give him?

Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 10 hours later

Thanks for posting your query again.

Buttermilk and yogurt is safe and good for your son. Do not worry, these things does not causes cough and cold.

You can start well cooked fish such as salmon and cod with mashed potato and cheese etc.. But if your baby shows signs of an allergy of any kind – such as eczema – hold off until you have checked with your baby's doctor.

I hope this answers your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion, rate the answer and give review.

Wishing your son good health.

Regards.