Baby having itchy face. Suggest remedy

Feb 2013

hi, my baby is 4 months, 7days old. For the past 10days he is having v itchy face. Specially at night this problem goes up and he is hardly able to sleep. Pls suggest the remedy to this issue.

Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply moisturizing lotion with calamine on face.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

In infants, the cause for itching on face may be due to dry skin or some allergy to clothes.

Examine carefully the clothes and bed and put soft and smooth clothes.

As there is no rash and eruption, nothing to worry.

Apply a moisturizing lotion or cream twice or thrice daily to his face to prevent drying.

If the itching is significant and doesn't subside with above measures, you can apply calamine containing moisturizing lotions such as Dermadew Caloe or Calosoft lotion externally over face twice daily and especially before sleeping at night.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.