Baby have snoring problem. What is the treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Hi
My son is 2 years and 2 months ,He is snoring since 1 month,what could be the medication for it?There is no Runny Nose;Please let me know
Posted Tue, 1 Jan 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 50 minutes later

Thank you for posting the query regarding your son.

Snoring represents an obstruction to the air flow between nose and trachea (wind pipe), most often in the throat region.

In older children, snoring could occur because of obesity. However, in any child, we need to exclude any anomaly in the throat leading to the obstruction to the oxygen flow. This can be done by consulting an ENT doctor.

If everything else (such as daytime wakefulness, playing, feeding, intelligence, etc) is normal, there is no need to worry.

Please get back, if you have any more query.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM