Baby fell and hit his head. Using neosporin. How long does a scar heal?

Question
HELLO MY NAME IS XXXXXX AND I WANTED TO ASK YOU A QUESTION ABOUT MY 3 YEAR OLD SON.
ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO NOW MY SON WAS PLAYING AND HE FELL AND BUMPED HIS HEAD ON THE DRESSER DRAWER IN THE BEDROOM BUT WE DID NOT GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE HIM TO THE ER SO WE CLEANED HIS HEAD AND TOOK CARE OF IT.
IT HAS HEALED VERY GOOD BUT THE THING WE WANT TO KNOW IF THE SKIN WILL COMEBACK OVER THE SCAR YOU CAN STLL SEE THE SCAR BUT LOOKS A LOT BETTER THAN WHEN IT STARTED BECAUSE WE USED NEOSPORIN TO KEEP DOWN INFECTION AND PERMOTE HEALING.
THE SCAR IS ABOUT 1/2 INCH LONG.
Posted Thu, 18 Oct 2012 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later
Dear XXXXXX

I am sorry to hear about your son. It appears he may have had a touch of infection at the site of injury. That is why it is taking time to heal.

Please do not worry it will heal up. He may get a scar due to growth of fibrous tissues at the site of injury. If the wound is clean it will heal well with any scars and normal skin will definitely grow over it.

I wish your son speedy recovery.

Kindest regards
Dr.S.K.Mukherjee