Baby born with cleft lip. Birth weight 3 kg. Worried about the scar. Treatment?

Hi. I will be attaching the pic of baby girl of my brother who is born with cleft lip. She was born on 10th July, 2013 and her birth weight was 3 kgs. She cried immediately after birth and was discharged on the 3rd day, after delivery. Delivery was normal.
Please suggest the complete treatment details as well as suggest names of good doctors in india, with their locations ( preferable in pune or bhubeneshwar) region as well as an estimate cost of the treatment. Also am worried about the scar, that may remain.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Growth and Development in Children
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 5 hours later

I can feel your concerns, But the good thing is that after plastic surgery the defect will be repaired in a beautiful way leaving minimum or no scar.

Cleft lip is surgically repaired at 2 months of age ,and its done by plastic surgeon.

There is feeding problem initially for which spoon feeding is helpful. Keep the head end raised.
Build up hemoglobin level by giving her iron supplements so that Hb will raise above 10gm/dL.
This is needed for anesthesia.

Cost of treatment is variable region vice.

I am mentioning one of hospital but you can search for better by consulting your local doctor.
Indo Brasilian Aesthetic Surgery Centre, Bhubaneshwar.
You can contact Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Hope, I answered your query,

If you have any other query , I would be honored to reply.