Baby born still due to breathing problem. Second baby opted for abortion due to abnormalities. What can this be? Suggestions?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, This is XXXXX, and I am writing to you regarding my wife. We belong to Hyderabad. During my wife's First Pregnancy our Baby (Female) was dead after the C-Section. This was in siddipet, the only thing doctor told us was that Baby had breathing problems and couldn't survive. This was in Sep 2011.
Hence for the next pregnancy we thought to be cautions and started treatment for my wife @ Fernandez, my wife was done all the routine tests like CBP, COOMBS etc, but all the reports were normal and Fernandez doctors asked us to plan for pregnancy. We planned it and my wife again conceived in XXXXXXX 2013. The First tri-mister scan was very good & normal, but at TIFFA Scan, doctors Scanned and told that Baby had abnormalities and opted us for abortion, we didn’t had any choice but to abort. Before the abortion my wife lycral was sent for Kreyo Type test and this report was normal as well. Fernandez folks suggested us to give the baby for Autopsy which we did and are waiting for the report.
Now, can you please help us in understanding what is happening with my wife, we are totally lost Doctor, since whenever we ask Fernandez doctors they are too busy to answer our questions.
We just want to know what the problem is and want a right direction & suggestion to get help for us. I am already 32 years now and my wife 27 yrs, hence asking you for some help or suggestions for our Next pregnancy.
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) I am sorry for your losses.

2) First baby was healthy and seems to have had complications during delivery due to which it expired.

3) Second baby had congenital abnormalities whose autopsy report we have to see to conclude the nature of defect and probability of it repeating ( chances are low though).

4) Since you had only one congenital abnormal baby, it is not necessary that this will repeat again and hence You please try again naturally since you both are young and have time.

5) As of now it is difficult to predict what happens in next pregnancy. Hopefully things will workout better next time as first baby was healthy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.