BP ranging between 84/145 to 97/160. Having stomach infection and pain in arm. Suggest?

BP fluctuations ranging between 84/145 to 97/160 slight stomach infection and pain in left arm most probably muscular but not there all the time weight around 100 kgs am on BP medication. Started a new yoga routine and Walking do u think BP fluctuations stomach infection is linked. Pulse rate has XXXXXXX constatnt at 72-74 in all BP recordings please advise

I would like to add I normally do not have BP fluctuations except before periods with the medication i use
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

The BP fluctuations are not large enough. It could be hormonal or diurnal variation. Salt sensitivity is very common. There are certain other factors such as stress, emotional upsets and food sensitivities can cause an increase in blood pressure.

In your case I could think of these:

Premenstrual stress is commonly reported amongst women, this is true in your case and it can be explained for BP fluctuations.
Stomach infection is a physical stress on the body it can fluctuate blood pressure.

I am happy that you had started yoga routine and walking, if you continue it as a long term schedule it should surely help you.

Let me know if I missed any other query.

Follow-up: BP ranging between 84/145 to 97/160. Having stomach infection and pain in arm. Suggest? 8 hours later
Thanks for your feedback releived anxiety. Is the pain in the left arm also linked occasional chest pain but very slight could also be because of acidity not sure. Has become okay today as BP gone back to normal. Any precautions required
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 25 minutes later
Timely medication, yoga, relaxation techniques are the best.

Try to eat close to the nature, no processed stuff, no vegetable oils and excess salt and sugar. They should kept as minimal, you might have to compromise on the taste of certain foods.

Yearly annual check up from the physician and timely recording of the BP and making a note of them. For the pain in the left arm I still suggest an ECG/TMT as soon.