Ate chocolate prior to a nuclear stress test. Will this create a problem with the testing?

I absent mindedly ate chocolate (just 2 small M&Ms) prior to a nuclear stress test tomorrow morning. I'm in good health and do not anticipate the need for a pharmacologic stressor. Will this create a problem with the testing?
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 52 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
Absolutely not.
The radio nuclear agent shall be injected. Thereafter, either pharmacological agent (adenosine or dobutamine) will be injected or you will be asked to perform a physical stress test. Thereafter, images shall be taken post exercise and after a protocol fixed time (different for physical exercise vs pharmacological test) rest images of radio nuclear agent redistribution in your heart and arteries imaging process shall be repeated. In none of these chocolate taken orally a day before can interfere. Rest Assured. Good Luck.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW